8 Ways to Overcome Steam Is Having Trouble Connecting To The Steam Servers
8 Ways to Overcome Steam Is Having Trouble Connecting To The Steam Servers
Steam is a well-known platform for games and digital distribution. The number of games on Steam is estimated to have now reached 50,000 and all of them must be connected to the Steam servers before gamers can access them. Without accessing Steam, gamers will not be able to play the game. And usually an error message "Steam Is Having Trouble Connecting to the Steam Servers" will appear. This error mostly appears when Steam users try to login to their account and it prevents them from accessing any game.
If you experience a similar problem, you don't need to worry, because in this post we will provide a practical guide that can help solve the problem Steam Is Having Trouble Connecting to the Steam Servers.
Causes of the Steam Is Having Trouble Connecting To The Steam Servers Error
Below are some of the causes for the "Steam Is Having Trouble Connecting to the Steam Servers" error message on your PC:
* Lack of administrative permissions
* UDP protocol
* Internet connection settings are misconfigured or corrupted
* Outdated network adapter driver
Luckily, some of the methods below can help you solve the Steam Is Having Trouble Connecting to the Steam Servers error.
How to Overcome Steam Is Having Trouble Connecting To The Steam Servers
Connectivity errors are very common with Steam. Before applying complicated methods, I suggest you restart your PC first. Minor errors can usually be removed by restarting the PC. It refreshes the applications running on the system. Actually, it's great for stopping corrupted temporary files.
If the problem still persists. You can use the method below to fix the Steam Is Having Trouble Connecting to the Steam Servers error in no time.
1. Check Steam Server Status
Check Steam Server Status
When having Steam errors from connectivity, the first thing to check is the server. While errors on Steam servers are rare, it never hurts to check online. Sometimes, you may encounter a situation when the server is under maintenance which causes the game to go offline.
For that, you can visit the DownDetector website to find out or check the Steam server status online.
2. Restart Wi-Fi Router
Restart Wi-Fi Router
If you have a bad internet connection, you may have problems launching Steam. Restarting your Wi-Fi router can help clear its memory and increase Wi-Fi speed. Here's how to restart your modem & router:
1. Unplug the modem (and router, if separate devices) from the electrical outlet.
2. Wait 60 seconds for the modem (and router) to cool down.
3. Plug the network device back in and wait for the indicator light to return to normal.
4. Restart your computer.
5. Launch Steam and check if the error warning has been fixed. If yes, then great! If it still appears, please go to the next method.
3. Reset WinSock
Winsock is a data catalog that allows computer programs to access the internet. However, sometimes entries in the catalog may be incorrect or corrupt, causing network errors. To verify if this is the cause of the problem, you can perform a Winsock reset.
1. On the keyboard press the Windows logo key and type cmd. Then right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
2. In the Administrator Command Prompt window, enter the command netsh winsock reset, then press Enter. Then type netsh winhttp reset proxy and press Enter.
3. Exit the Command Prompt window. Run Steam and check if the server connection error is resolved. If it still occurs, please proceed to the next method.
4. Run Steam As Administrator
Another way to get around the Steam Is Having Trouble Connecting to the Steam Servers error is to let Steam run as administrator. This gives Steam permission to access system files that are not running properly. To do this follow the instructions below:
Run Steam As Administrator
1. Right-click on the Steam shortcut icon.
2. Select Properties.
3. Go to the Compatibility tab and then head to the Settings section.
4. Select the “Run this program as an administrator” checkbox.
5. Click the Apply button and then select OK to save changes.
6. Open Steam and check if the problem got resolved.
5. Flush DNS and Renew IP
Generally, the computer will automatically save the IP address and the resulting domain name system to speed up subsequent requests to the same domain. But over time, the cached information may become corrupt, outdated, or incorrect, preventing you from connecting to the server. In this case, you have to flush the DNS and renew the IP to make sure the computer communicates properly with the host.
Flush DNS And Renew IP
1. Press the Windows logo key and type cmd. Then right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
2. When asked for permission, click Yes to run Command Prompt.
3. Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter on your keyboard.
4. Then enter the ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew commands one by one on your keyboard.
5. Launch Steam, play the game again and see if the connection is smooth. If an error appears Steam is having trouble connecting to the Steam servers it still continues. Use the next method.
6. Change Steam Properties
According to some gamers, launching Steam with the TCP protocol, rather than the UDP protocol has helped them get rid of server errors. So it can't hurt to try the following method and see if it solves your Steam problem.
Change Steam Properties
1. On the keyboard, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys simultaneously to open the Task Manager.
2. Select the Startup tab, then right click on each item and click Disable .
3. Restart your computer.
4. On your desktop, right-click on the Steam shortcut icon and click Properties.
5. Click on the Shortcut tab, then in the Target field, add the -tcp command at the very end. When finished, click OK.
6. Launch Steam and check if the error message Steam is having trouble connecting to the Steam servers has been fixed.
7. Allow Steam Through Windows Firewall
Windows Firewall is a built-in network security system that filters incoming and outgoing network traffic by allowing/blocking certain traffic based on security rules. You must allow the Steam client through the firewall to ensure that the connection is not dropped.
Windows Firewall also often restricts the operation of gaming platforms. For that you can change Windows Firewall settings for steam as an exception and experience uninterrupted gaming.
Allow Steam Through Windows Firewall
1. On the keyboard, press Windows key + R simultaneously to launch the Run dialog box. Then type control firewall.cpl into the box and press Enter.
2. In the window that appears, click Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
3. Browse the list of Allowed apps and features to see if the Steam launcher is included. Otherwise, click Change settings, click Allow another app… , then follow the onscreen instructions to add the app.
4. When finished, click OK.
5. Run the game on the Steam client and see if it can connect to the server.
Note: If you have an anti-virus application running on your computer, make sure to temporarily disable it as well.
8. Reinstall Steam
If none of the above methods can remove the “Steam Is Having Trouble Connecting to the Steam Servers” error, then you have no choice but to reinstall Steam. Doing so helped most people in the same situation get rid of the problem, and I hope it will work for you guys too. Here's how to do it:
1. Press Win key + I to launch Settings App.
2. Open Apps.
3. Scroll down the Apps & Features window and find Steam.
4. Select it and click the Uninstall button.
5. Follow further instructions to complete the process.
6. When the application is completely removed, reboot your computer.
7. Now, to reinstall Steam on PC, visit Steam download page. Then click the INSTALL STEAM button.
8. Find the downloaded file double click on it.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. You should now be able to access your Steam account and play games without any issues.
So those are some ways to overcome Steam Is Having Trouble Connecting to the Steam Servers. Admin hopes that one of the methods above can fix the problem and you can play your favorite games on Steam normally.
So many articles 8 Ways to Overcome Steam Is Having Trouble Connecting To The Steam Servers. Look forward to other interesting articles and don't forget to share this article with your friends. Thank you…
Just an ordinary person who wants to share a little knowledge, hopefully the knowledge I provide can be useful for all of us. Keep in mind! Useful knowledge is an investment in the afterlife.
Post a Comment