6 Ways to Overcome Error Code 0xc0000005 on Windows
6 Ways to Overcome Error Code 0xc0000005 on Windows
Are you currently experiencing error code 0xc0000005? If so, take it easy, because there are many solutions available to deal with it. In this article, we will provide you with several methods on how to fix error code 0xc0000005 on Windows.
What Causes Error Code 0xc0000005?
Actually error code 0xc0000005 in Windows can be caused by several reasons like low or low RAM, malware infection, corrupted registry files, wrong hardware configuration, etc. This is one of the most common errors that appear on Windows systems especially in three different situations.
Windows Installation Error
The error stops Windows OS installation and is mostly related to temporary hardware problems with faulty RAM or hard drive due to bad sectors. Usually an error message appears like this:
Error: Windows installation encountered an unexpected error ….
Access Violation Error
This error occurs when a program in Windows tries to access a location or data from a location that is not assigned to it. This can happen with any Windows application due to registry problems, corrupted RAM, corrupted drivers, virus infections or faulty security updates etc. Usually an error message like this will appear:
Error: Exception: Access violation error (0xc0000005) at ….
Application Unable To Start
The error appears when you launch programs installed on your Windows PC like Chrome, VLC, games, etc. Mostly, reinstalling does not help in fixing the problem as it is caused by some invalid or incomplete DLL files which help software to run on Windows platform. Usually an error message appears like this:
Error: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)
How to Overcome Error Code 0xc0000005
1. Check the RAM
One of the best ways to fix error code 0xc0000005 is to replace your RAM. Before doing so, you must make sure that the RAM is the culprit behind the problem. So, turn off your computer, try using another RAM. Once you have done that, restart the computer and check if the error still persists. This is an ideal solution when the problem is caused by physical damage to the RAM connector or hardware.
2. Repair Registry
If there are corrupted files or keys in your registry, it can cause serious system problems, including error code 0xc0000005. So, if you have previously backed up the registry, you can restore the system registry and fix the problem.
However, before you proceed, note that changing the registry can be tricky and risky. Invalid changes or simple mistakes can cause major problems to your PC. So, follow the instructions below only if you are sure that you can do it correctly.
1. Press Windows key + R. This will bring up the Run dialog box.
2. Type “regedit” (without the quotes), then press Enter.
3. Navigate to this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
4. Go to the right pane and double-click LoadAppInit_DLLs.
5. Change the value data from 1 to 0.
6. Save changes by clicking OK.
7. Exit the Registry Editor, then restart your computer.
3. Run an SFC Scan
If the error is caused by a corrupted system file, you can fix it by using the System File Checker (SFC). You can run SFC scan by following below steps:
1. Click the Search icon on the taskbar.
2. Type “cmd” (without the quotes).
3. Right-click Command Prompt from the search results, then select Run as Administrator.
4. After the Command Prompt is finished, type "sfc /scannow" (without the quotes), then press Enter. This tool will automatically repair any corrupted system files it finds.
4. Disable DEP
Windows has built-in features that protect the system from damage caused by viruses and other security threats. The Data Execution Prevention or DEP feature is useful in many cases. However, there are programs that are not compatible with it, which is why the error code 0000005 appears. You can disable this by following these steps:
1. Run Windows with administrative privileges.
2. Press Windows key + R.
3. Type “sysdm.cpl” (without the quotes), then press Enter.
4. Open the Advanced tab, then click Settings in the Performance section.
5. Open the Data Execution Protection tab.
6. Click the 'Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select' option.
7. Click Add, then locate the executable file causing the problem. Add them to the list.
8. Click OK.
9. Restart your computer and check if the problem still persists.
5. Run the CHKDSK Utility
It's possible that bad sectors or damage to the drive caused the error code 0xc0000005. In this case, try running the CHKDSK utility to fix the errpr. To do that, follow the instructions below:
1. Right-click the Windows icon on the taskbar.
2. Select Command Prompt (Admin) or Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the list.
3. Type “chkdsk Z: /f /r /x” (without the quotes). Replace 'Z' with the hard drive you need to repair, then press Enter.
6. Update or reinstall the Driver Disk
Most likely, your system already has the latest drivers. However, if you face any issues with your device, updating device drivers will fix most of the problems and will ensure that your system has the latest fixes for errors and bugs.
Update Or Reinstall Driver Disk
* Click the Windows key, type and click Device Manager.
* Double click on Disk Drives and then right click on the drive where Windows and other programs are installed.
* Select Update Driver and then click Search automatically for updated driver software in the Update Driver dialog box.
* Wait for Windows to find the driver. If you can't find new drivers, download and install them from your disk manufacturer's site or the easiest way is using a third-party application such as Driver Booster or DriverPack
If updating the driver doesn't help, try reinstalling the driver. Right click on the disk and select 'Uninstall device' and then restart the system. Windows will automatically reinstall the driver.
So, those are some ways to deal with error code 0xc0000005. These errors can lead to data loss, either directly or indirectly, if not resolved quickly. So follow the above methods in order. Admin hopes that one of these methods can solve your problem.
Post a Comment