6 Ways to Overcome Error Code 0xc00000e in Windows 10
6 Ways to Overcome Error Code 0xc00000e in Windows 10
When you face the Blue Screen of Death on Windows OS it is usually associated with an error code. One of them is the error code 0xc00000e. This usually happens because of a damaged boot partition or a faulty boot manager. Often this also happens when you first install a new SSD in your PC.
In this article, we will show you how to solve error code 0xc00000e without losing your data.
What is Error Code 0xc00000e in Windows 10?
Error code 0xc00000e is a Windows 10 BOSD error that appears during startup. In other words, this error means that important hardware on your PC was not detected by Windows 10. This is usually related to an issue with the SSD or hard drive where system files are usually stored.
Error code 0xc00000e can also be triggered by corrupted system files, which can stop Windows 10 from running properly. In short, any hardware or system file failure that stops Windows 10 from finding winload.exe (one of the files in Windows Boot Manager) and booting can cause this error.
How to Overcome Error Code 0xc00000e
Since this error does not point you to the actual hardware or missing system files, you will need to perform one or all of the troubleshooting steps to fix this problem. Let's start from the simplest method.
1. Restart PC
Sometimes, you may have seen that the Bluescreen will show some error messages and the PC will restart itself. In the same way you can try restarting the computer manually to fix the error code 0xc00000e. As admin mentioned, the problem is mainly with the Boot Manager, so restarting it might fix the error.
2. Use the Windows 10 Automatic Repair Tool
You can use the original Windows Automatic Repair tool to fix Windows system errors like these. Follow the steps below to fix the error using the tool from the bootable installation disk:
Windows 10 Automatic Repair Tool
1. To enter the Windows 10 boot menu, turn off your computer and restart it.
2. As soon as the manufacturer's logo appears on the screen, press the F2 key to access the boot menu.
3. After entering the boot menu, the first thing you need to do is change the boot option to CD/DVD Rom. You can also choose to boot from USB if you have a bootable USB drive.
4. Insert your Windows 10 OS CD/DVD. Restart the computer and now it will boot from CD/DVD Rom.
5. A message will appear on the screen 'Press any key to boot from CD/DVD'.
6. Follow the instructions and press any key on your keyboard. This will boot the Windows repair/install process. For now, the admin is only concerned with system repairs.
7. Select your time zone, language, and keyboard input method. On the next screen, click on the Repair your computer link which you will find in the lower left corner.
8. Next, click Troubleshooting > Advanced options > Automatic repair.
It may take a few minutes to repair corrupted Windows files. The system repair option usually repairs damaged and missing system files. However, if this method does not solve your problem then move on to the next method.
3. Repair Boot Configuration Data
Boot Configuration Data or BCD as the name suggests manages the boot order in Windows OS. It works together with winload.exe and BIOS. Corrupted BCD files can also cause error 0xc00000e in Windows 10. In this method, you have to rebuild the BCD again. To do this follow the instructions below:
Repair Boot Configuration Data
1. Prepare a bootable Windows 10 installation file using a CD/DVD or USB drive.
2. Connect the bootable media to your PC.
3. Restart the computer and enter the BIOS settings.
4. You must select the media drive as the primary boot device.
5. To start booting, press any key.
6. At this point, the system files will start loading.
7. Click Next after setting your preferences.
8. Navigate to the lower left corner and select Repair Your computer.
9. Now select Troubleshoot > click on Advanced options.
10. Open command prompt and type the following commands one by one:
+ bootrec /FixBoot
+ bootrec /ScanOS
+ bootrec /RebuildBcd
11. After you have finished executing the command above, remove the bootable media.
12. Then restart your computer.
The commands that you entered earlier in the Command Prompt have the following functions:
* Bootrec or bootrec.exe is a tool provided by Microsoft. This is used to troubleshoot and fix boot problems in the Windows recovery environment.
* bootrec /FixMbr: You can use this command to fix MBR (Master Boot Record) corrupt problem. It writes a Windows 10 compatible MBR to the system partition.
* bootrec /FixBoot: This command will write a new boot sector to the system partition.
* bootrec /ScanosS: When you run this command, it will scan all disk partitions for Windows installations.
* bootrec /RebuildBcd: This command will scan all disks for installations that are compatible with your OS. Also, it allows you to select the installations that you want to add to the BCD (Boot Configuration Data).
4. Reset BIOS/UEFI Configuration
This error can also occur due to a BIOS configuration error. You can fix this by resetting the BIOS configuration. To do this follow the instructions below:
Reset BIOS Configuration
1. Restart the computer and wait for the manufacturer logo to appear, then to access the BIOS settings, press one of these keys F2, F12, Esc, Del, whatever as long as it works. If you're not sure which key to press to access the BIOS, try searching on Google to see how to access the BIOS on the brand of PC you're using.
2. If you are already in BIOS setup, use the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate the options in BIOS. Find the default option from the BIOS settings.
3. Click this option and press the Enter key on your keyboard to reset the BIOS configuration.
4. Save and exit BIOS by pressing F10 or use the arrow keys to exit BIOS manually.
5. When you exit, your device will restart automatically.
5. Replace the CMOS Battery
Replace the CMOS Battery
If your BIOS date and time are no longer correct, you may need to replace the CMOS battery. CMOS is a chip on the motherboard that stores the BIOS configuration, date, time and other information. This information includes the system time and date, and some hardware settings.
Therefore the BIOS requires a CMOS battery. Because the BIOS must always remain operational even if the device is not connected to a power source. When a device is unplugged from the power supply, the BIOS relies on the CMOS battery for power.
Note: Make sure after changing the CMOS battery, you also reconfigure BIOS settings and reboot your PC.
6. Uninstall Hardware And Check
Uninstall Hardware And Check
When you install or connect new hardware in your PC then maybe it will show error code 0xc00000e. You can try uninstalling new hardware and then check if without using that hardware your PC can run normally.
Admin recommends that you bring the PC/laptop to the nearest official service center (depending on the brand of computer). There they will uninstall various hardware and try to diagnose hardware that may be the source of the error.
So those were some ways to fix error code 0xc00000e in Windows 10. If none of the methods above fixed your problem then the last thing you can do is to reinstall Windows 10. A fresh install of Windows can solve errors like this when you can't solve the problem in another way.
Post a Comment