6 Ways to Overcome 0x8007012a Install Error in Windows 11
6 Ways to Overcome 0x8007012a Install Error in Windows 11
Stuck with 0x8007012a Install Error? Don't worry. Here are 6 ways to deal with the 0x8007012a Install Error in Windows 11.
Windows OS is inseparable from errors. If you are a long time Windows user, you probably already know what we are talking about. Blue screen of deaths, disk failures, system file errors, and other types of errors.
0x8007012a Install Error is one of those errors that interrupt the normal operation of Windows. This is a bug that prevents the PC from downloading and installing the latest updates. Here, the admin has specified several ways to resolve the 0x8007012a Install Error in Windows 11.
1. Reboot PC
Some problems can be solved without too many steps. In fact, rebooting the device be it a smartphone, computer or even a device like a tablet can save you from all kinds of problems. So, as a general rule, it's a good idea to try rebooting before going into more complicated fixes.
2. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
The Windows Update Troubleshooter, as the name suggests, is a troubleshooter to help you fix all the errors you may encounter while downloading and installing Windows updates. This is a built-in tool from Microsoft which is available for free.
In fact, it is the number one solution to fix your Windows update error. To fix the 0x8007012a Install Error, here's how to use the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
* Open the Start menu search bar, type 'settings', and select the most suitable.
* In the Settings menu, go to System > Troubleshoot > Other Troubleshooters.
* From there, run the Windows Update troubleshooter
As soon as you do, a new dialog box will open, running all the checks and scans for problems with your Windows update. Restart the PC after the troubleshooter is finished.
The 0x8007012a Install Error should ideally be resolved by now. To check if it worked, open Windows Settings again and from there, select Windows Update > Check for updates. If everything is working smoothly, you should have no problems installing the update now.
3. Check Background Intelligent Transfer Services
Background Intelligent Transfer Service, or BITS for short, is a Windows tool that allows you to download or transfer files between computers over the internet. So, if your PC components are turned off, of course there will be problems downloading new updates. To make sure that's not the case, follow the steps below:
Check Background Intelligent Transfer Services
1. Open the Start menu search bar, type 'run', and select the most suitable. Or, press Win + R.
2. In the Run dialog box, type 'services.msc,' and press Enter. The Management Console will launch.
3. Search and find Background Intelligent Transfer Service.. Then double click on it.
4. In the new dialog box, set Service Status to Start if not already
5. Then search for Windows Update and set the Services Status to Start as well.
Now restart your PC to check if the changes have been made, and whether the 0x8007012a Install Error has been fixed or not.
4. Download Updates Manually
Sometimes random glitches might prevent you from downloading the necessary Windows updates. Apart from the methods we have covered so far, another way to deal with the 0x8007012a Install Error is to download the update manually.
Although, this is not a fix for the 0x8007012a Install Error, but it does help solve the underlying problem. Here's how:
Download Updates Manually
1. Launch Windows Settings (Win + I).
2. Click Windows Update.
3. Then click Update history. Note the KB number on the update that won't install.
4. Now open the Microsoft Update Catalog, paste the KB number in the search box, and click Search.
The catalog will provide you with relevant updates. Now click Download and the process will start. Now all that needs to be done is to install it manually.
5. Run SFC Scan
SFC, short for System File Check, is a command line utility built into the Windows operating system that helps fix corruption problems in your PC. If it's possible that your computer's system files have become corrupted, the 0x8007012a Install Error might be a reasonable result.
In such cases, SFC scan can help you fix system crashes and can resolve errors in your Windows. Here's how to run an SFC scan:
Run SFC Scan
1. Open the Start menu search bar, type 'cmd,' and run Command prompt as administrator.
2. At the Command prompt, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
Your PC will be thoroughly scanned for problems. If any errors appear in the scanning process, they will be fixed and it is also possible to fix the 0x8007012a Install Error afterwards.
6. Factory Reset
Factory Reset depending on the option you choose wipes all of Windows completely (including all personnel files and folders) or wipes only system files. However, in both cases, new Windows was installed later. Depending on what is comfortable for you at the moment, you can choose either option.
1. To get started with Factory Reset, go to the Start menu search bar, type 'factory reset,' and select the most suitable option.
2. Click Reset PC.
3. Now select Keep my files or Remove everything.
4. Then select from Local reinstall or Cloud download.
5. Click Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions and your PC will be reset in no time. After the above process is complete, your PC should be completely free of the 0x80070112a Install Error.
So that's how to solve the 0x8007012a Install Error in Windows 11. Installing and maintaining updates is an important part of keeping the Windows operating system healthy and running. 0x8007012a Install Error is a bug that can stop you from doing that. We hope that the methods listed above worked for you, and your system can now re-download the relevant updates.
However, the 0x8007012a Install Error isn't the only thing you need to worry about. As we stated earlier, the Windows operating system is plagued with errors and bugs, so it's important that you stay informed on how to fix them.