30 CPanel Features With Their Functions
30 CPanel Features With Their Functions
As we know cPanel is often used by hosting provider services due to several factors, including the many features contained in cPanel and using its features is very easy. Here are 30 cPanel features with their functions.
What is cPanel?
cPanel is a control panel for web hosting. All types of web hosting can use this interface mode. This type of graphical and easy-to-use front-end interface is very simple and useful for managing websites. cPanel Hosting gives you various options to easily manage your files on websites, email accounts, additional domains and sub-domains, FTP accounts, MySQL databases and many more. cPanel hosting also shows your website statistics. You can install popular scripts which include WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Mambo, Gallery etc.
1. File Manager - Has the function to manage our directories & files, much like Windows Explorer on the Windows operating system.
2. Disk Space Usage – This feature provides the fastest way to see the disk space used by each folder.
3. Bandwidth – Used to view the bandwidth usage of the site. Covers all activities, both HTTP (web), POP (mail), to FTP.
4. Backups – With the backup feature you can back up the files on your site.
5. Spam Assassins – A feature to protect the Inbox from Spam emails, serves to filter emails automatically.
6. Subdomains – Creating subdomains is like creating specific sub-directories on your server.
7. Addon Domain – With Addon Domain, we can add multiple domains. The 2 domains we add will create their own directory. So he seemed to have his own space.
8. Parked Domain – Its function is to direct parked domains to display the main domain.
9. Redirects - Redirects a particular page to another page For example to get a URL shortener.
10. DNS Zone Editor - We can set our own A record and CNAME for our domain for various purposes. For example Google Apps, and redirect the domain to Blogspot.
11. MX Entry – A feature required to activate Google Apps. It works by changing the path of sending and receiving your email.
12. SSL / TLS Manager - We can generate the necessary keys to enable the HTTPS protocol on your website. Previously, you had to buy an SSL certificate first from your trusted provider.
13. IP Address Deny Manager - This feature allows us to block malicious IP addresses on our site.
14. Virus Scanner - To scan for viruses that are on the hosting and deal with badware that may hitch a ride when we upload data.
15. Hotlinking Protection - With this feature we can avoid bandwidth theft because other people take photos that are attached to our site.
16. Password Protect Directories - With this feature, we can provide protection in the form of an additional password lock on a folder.
17. Leech Protect – Provides additional password protection to directories. In it there is also a feature that will block the IP if you make a mistake repeatedly when trying to open the password.
18. Change Password – If you plan to change your cPanel password, you can use this feature.
19. FTP Accounts - With this feature we can create FTP accounts and limit access rights, so we can upload/download data from certain directories. For FTP itself, we need a third party program like FileZilla, or CuteFTP.
20. FTP Session Control - We can use this feature to see login activity via FTP to the site or stop FTP sessions without permission to our site.
21. MySQL Databases - With this feature, we can create databases, users, and manage the access rights of each user. Supported data types are MySQL.
22. phpMyAdmin – If the MySQL Database feature functions to create a database, then the phpMyAdmin feature functions to edit tables contained in the database.
23. Remote MySQL - This one feature is used, so that we can access the database without logging into cPanel.
24. Webmail - Here, we can log into our email account to access email from any computer. This feature is equipped with webmail facilities to check incoming messages to our email inbox.
25. Email Trace – You can track email delivery. We can also see the details, including messages that have arrived or are still entering the queue server.
26. Auto Responder – This feature is very useful for responding to messages automatically to those who send messages to our email addresses.
27. CGI Center. It contains a library of simple scripts that can be applied to websites, such as guest books, counters, clocks, and running banners.
28. PHP Configuration – Here, we can find the value of a number of default configurations from the PHP server. We can adjust the configuration with php.ini techniques.
29. Apache Handler – Used to control how the Apache web server handles certain file types and extensions on your site. For example the extension .cgi .pl .plx .ppl .perl, will be treated as a “cgi-script” file, and handled as a normal cgi-script file.
30. Error Log – This feature will display a list of the last 300 errors that have occurred on our website and will be very useful for identification if at any time the website experiences a blank page.
That's all for the article 30 cPanel features with their functions. Look forward to other interesting articles and don't forget to share this article with your friends. Thank you…
Post a Comment